Our counseling service will be available to Language Schools students all throughout the summer. Whether you are struggling with immersion stress, balancing your class time and course work with family life, or any other mental health and emotional well-being issues, we have services to support you during the day-time and after hours.
- An on-call counselor will monitor all messages sent to email@example.com
- 24/7 counseling support line is a crisis line available to students and to anyone with a concern about a student.
- A weekly remote counseling group will meet each Wednesday at 4:15 p.m. beginning July 8.
- Silver Cloud Silver Cloud is an internet- based behavior mental health program that allow students to learn coping skills and strategies.
- Counseling Services can provide specific resources for issues particular to students of color, to veterans, to those dealing with grief, or sexual violence and others.
- Schedule individual career advising sessions
- Attend employer information sessions with potential employers such as the Peace Corps, Translation and Localization specialist Blueprint, teaching placement services Carney Sandoe and Educators Ally
- Learn about networking and career opportunities
- Learn how to use the College libraries virtually. Sign up for a library orientation session.
- Digital Learning and Inquiry (DLINQ) provides resources and support for all of your curricular technology questions.
- Students may request accommodations for documented disabilities at any time through the Language Schools session.
General Technology Support: Reach out to the technology helpdesk for assistance with specific technology issues.