Our counseling service will be available to Language Schools students all throughout the summer. Whether you are struggling with immersion stress, balancing your class time and course work with family life, or any other mental health and emotional well-being issues, we have services to support you during the day-time and after hours.
- An on-call counselor will monitor all messages sent to email@example.com
- 24/7 counseling support line is a crisis line available to students and to anyone with a concern about a student.
- A weekly remote counseling group will meet each Wednesday at 4:15 p.m. beginning July 8.
- Silver Cloud Silver Cloud is an internet- based behavior mental health program that allow students to learn coping skills and strategies.
- Counseling Services can provide specific resources for issues particular to students of color, to veterans, to those dealing with grief, or sexual violence and others.
July 16th, from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
All participants must RSVP by July 15th, noon, here and will receive a Zoom link on the morning of the event.
Join us for our annual Language Schools Career Panel! Four alumni of the Language Schools will speak about their work in the arts, government and academia and the ways in which their language study has contributed to their successful and impactful careers. Nigerian-Swedish American photographer Mikael Owunna, who explores the relationship between engineering, optics, the black body and queerness, studied at the School of French in 2017 and 2018, In 2018 Mikael presented an exhibit of his project Limit (less). He then returned to Middlebury College for an artist’s talk in 2019 at which time the Middlebury College Museum of Art purchased his photograph, Four Queer African Women in the Snow.
- Schedule individual career advising sessions
- Attend employer information sessions with potential employers such as the Peace Corps, Translation and Localization specialist Blueprint, teaching placement services Carney Sandoe and Educators Ally
- Learn about networking and career opportunities
- Learn how to use the College libraries virtually. Sign up for a library orientation session.
- Digital Learning and Inquiry (DLINQ) provides resources and support for all of your curricular technology questions.
- Students may request accommodations for documented disabilities at any time through the Language Schools session.
General Technology Support: Reach out to the technology helpdesk for assistance with specific technology issues.